Santi-shopMeadowsweet - organic
Meadowsweet has a slightly bitter, characteristic, herbaceous flavour. Meadowsweet plays an important role in the elimination of water in tissues (and also in their tightening), has a granted ability to absorb toxins (causes of cellulite and rheumatism) and to calm neuralgia and migraines thanks, among others, to its salicylic compounds. These compounds have an as well soft as progressive and well tolerated anti-inflammatory and analgesic action which make that meadowsweet, like willow, are considered as "vegetable aspirin" but with the benefits of aspirin without its drawbacks.
Meadowsweet has also been referred to as Queen of the Meadow, Pride of the Meadow, Meadow-Wort, Meadow Queen, Lady of the Meadow, Dollof, Meadsweet, Mead Wort and Bridewort.
This product is no more available. Please find hereafter a link to the category to which it belonged:
Latin name: Spirea ulmaria
* from certified organic agriculture or certified organic wild
Despite the care taken during the production process to mechanically remove foreign material, there may still remain some. It is therefore recommended to make a visual control, and if necessary a sorting, before any use.
No refund request in relation with foreign material will be accepted.
It is rather the dried plant that is used in herbal medicine because when it is fresh, it does not seem to have all of its potential properties.
- astringent (leaf and root)
- diuretic (eliminates urea, uric acid, chlorides)
- heart and gastric tonic
- sedative, promotes sleep
- vulnerary (healing of wounds by external use)
- cellulitis, dropsy, edema, oliguria, hydarthrosis, ascites (fluid retention),..,
- stomach laziness, stomach ulcer
- urinary lithiasis
- biliary insufficiency
- arthritis, rheumatism, gout
- diarrhea (especially foils)
- wounds, stings
- headaches, migraines, neuralgia
Recommendations for use
Internal use: pour 1 dessert spoon of cut plant in 1 cup of almost boiling water (about 80 ° C), infuse 10 minutes and strain. 3-5 cups a day between meals. One can also simply chew a small amount of plant or grind or mill (in a coffee grinder for example) some and regularly take a pinch of this between meals.
For cellulite: Pour 1/4 liter of almost boiling water on 1 tablespoon of plant, let soak overnight and drink when awaking.
External use: 2 handfuls of plants per liter of almost boiling water, let infuse 15 minutes. As hot applications on rheumatism, compresses on wounds and ulcers.
Dried leaves and flowers, enclosed in small cloth bags placed in wardrobes, perfume the linen and repel moths.
Precautions for use
- Contraindicated in case of allergy or sensitivity to salicylate derivatives. Caution for people taking anticoagulants.
- Store in a cool and dry place, away from light, in well closed packing.
Santi-shop code: SP055